The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) recently introduced new rules of booking Tatkal tickets or tickets that are booked at the last minute by those who want to travel on an urgent basis.
IRCTC’s Tatkal ticket booking rules as they stand now:
1. AC Tatkal tickets booking will start from 10 am and non-AC ticket booking to begin at 11 am. You have to book the ticket a day before the travelling date.
2. If a train is more than three hours late, the passenger can claim complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges.
3. A passenger can claim a full refund if the train’s route is diverted and the passenger doesn’t want to travel on that route.
4. A passenger can claim refund on Tatkal tickets if the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route.
5. A passenger can claim full refund if he/she is accommodated in lower class and doesn’t wish to travel in the lower class and the passenger has paid the difference if he/she agrees to travel in the lower class.
Source by:- dnaindiaShare: